Am I being ridiculous?

So I was married this past June. Many of my inlaws were there. Last night we were having dinner with them and his cousin was talking about a wedding she coordinated last weekend. It happened to be officiated by the same rabbi who officiated mine. But I was getting ticked off because she kept commenting on how beautiful it was and how grand and great everything was. At my wedding, we mistaking left the wine in the hotel room and she was the one who went back and got it. She boasted how prepared she was this time. She just kept mentioning details of that wedding that we didn't do for ours. It was like she was comparing. Also, she was talking mostly to the 1 aunt who couldn't make it to our wedding. No one at dinner knew that other couple so why was she talking about their wedding so much when newlyweds (that everyone knew) were sitting right there? Idk, just found it kinda rude. Am I being a post wedding bridezilla?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 7:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah it sounds kinda POSTZILLA to me. Lol, she may have just been proud of herself for a job well done this time and wanted attention for that. I doubt she meant any harm and probably didn't even think about what she was saying. She may have felt stupid after the fact also if she started thinking about how she didn't do everything for you that she did for them and could be a little embarassed now or the next time she speaks to you. :) Lol, I would have been.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:37 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't think you are being ridiculous I think she was being a little rude but she probably wasn't trying to...she's just excited!

TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 7:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• She felt proud that she was prepared this time... there's nothing wrong with that. It was probably the wrong time, but this really isn't a big deal.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 7:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Sounds like she was likely just proud and I doubt she meant to hurt you by sounding like she was comparing. seems like she was excited and didnt think about how rude it might come across to you
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 8:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would probably feel the same as you but try not to take it personally...a lot of people don't realize they are hurting people's feelings when they really are
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i agree that she probably didn't realize how she sounded... I'd just shake it off
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:39 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yeah, I don't think she knew how she was coming off. That's why I'm not mad specifically at her (or even that mad at all). Just a little hurt and p'd off.
    keisha613

Comment by keisha613 (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2010