What Dog food is Best for Small Dog with VERY Sensitive Stomach?

I've tried Lamb & Rice... Natural Life, Royal Canin.... and he still is getting sick to his stomach frequently. (He has had great vet check-ups... etc... )
Can any one recommend what works for their dogs with a very sensitive stomach?
My dog is a Bichon Frise / Jack Russell Terrier that we adopted from the Humane Society. Weighs 14 lbs.

bupkie

Asked by bupkie at 7:48 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pets

• Have you ever tried IAM's? That is all I feed my dogs. Here is the link if you want to check out their products
    http://www.iams.com/en-US/pages/Homepage.aspx
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I've never tried it, but I've heard that Eukanuba Sensitive Stomach is good.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:14 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I personally stay away from the foods you will find at the grocery store or normal pet stores. Most of those foods are not as good as people think them to be. I personally like California Nautural, it is a holistic diet made for dogs with allergies and sensitive tummies. It is a bland diet.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Your dog sounds like our chocolate lab/corgi mix (yes, he's funny looking...lol). Everything I fed him would make him vomit and/or give him diarrhea. Thinking he had worms or another parasite, I kept taking him to the vet, but he was fine, and the vet was as perplexed as I was. Then I found Blue Buffalo pet foods, switched to the adult food and he's been fine since. It's a very healthy, holistic type of food, with no fillers, by-products or other junk and seems much easier for him to digest. His waste has greatly reduced, too, which I like because it means less poop partol for me..lol.

http://bluebuffalo.com/
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Please, Please stay away from Purina, Pedigree, Ol Roy, or anything of the sort. They are garbage foods and will make your dog sicker.

Ask your vet what he/she recommends. They might be able to help as well.

I have heard great things about blue buffalo, taste of the wild, Eagle pack (which is what we use) and other all natural holistic foods. They have no fillers, do not use corn at all and their first ingredients are real meat, not stuff like beaks, claws, eyes and innards.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 11:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My mom uses Purina Little Bites. Her miniature poodle has a really sensitive stomach and she tried all the expensive brands, first, and finally switched to Purina and the dog hasn't had any problems yet. I think it's really about trial and error with finding the right food, though. What works for one animal, may not work for another.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• California Natural but talk your vet maybe your dog has a allergy to something in the specific.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My mother has a Jack he has lots of allergies. He is allergic to both pork and beef and doesn't do well with grains. He is fed raw chicken and does very well with that...I would look into checking into a raw diet.
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• RAW,

You might want to look into it.

www.dogster.com
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:21 AM on Sep. 12, 2010