My daughter is very picky when she eats her dinner, will she ever eat normally?

Germaine967

Asked by Germaine967 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes, I promise! I think some things are just an aquired taste and as we get older we become more open to trying new things. When I was very young a hershey bar would gag me. I could not eat chocolate....wish I still had that problem. Think back...are there things your mom put in front of you that just made you want to hurl that you will eat now?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I think if you supply a healthy diet, and don't give in to treats or anything else like it-then eventually she will eat what you give her. Either she will be hungry enough (she's not going to starve herself) or she will grow up learning to like the food that's been supplied to her her whole life. Is she getting protein with meats, cheese, milk? Vegetables, Fruits, whole grains? If you feel she's getting too much of something, look up what she needs daily from a nutritional guide for a child her age, and check it out. Do some homework. But I would make sure that what she is getting is at least not empty calories. Those are the foods that are full of calories and junk, verses some foods that might be high, or low, in calories, but contain what our body needs. McDonalds vs. a bowl of cereal, for example.

McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 11:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• From what I have found is it gets a little better but not much. I have 3 kids and they are ALL VERY picky eaters. My oldest is almost 14 and he still dont like to try no things. If it looks a certain way he wont try it. I also know that 90% of the problem is me...I cater to their wants and needs. Their DR told me that a child wont let them selfs starve so fix something for them and set it there until they eat it.
    I cant say much about them tho as I am a picky eater myself. Maybe that is why I go easy on them.

Good Luck!!
    luckyiamx3

Answer by luckyiamx3 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 21, 2008