• In the Spotlight:

would you buy your daughter a doll that lets her pretend to breast feed?

i was watching Smoking Gun Worlds Dumbest last night..(dumbest inventions) and they had a doll made in Mexico bebe...something (if forgot) but it had a vest with little flower pasties on it that when the baby doll started crying you put it up to the flower and it would stop and it would start sucking..like it was feeding. Since some of you feel so strongly about breast feeding would you buy this for a 5 yr old? I'm just curious of your opinions of this dolls..I tried looking for it everywhere but couldnt find it...did anyone else watch?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, I didn't watch this ... but I've heard of the dolls. I think they're pretty stupid.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 8:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Would you buy your daughter a bottle feeding baby? It is no different. I "breastfed" my baby dolls and my daughters "breastfeed" theirs.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would SOOO be for that! Teaching little girls that breastfeeding is natural right from a young age is a good idea
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 8:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have never seen this but I don't think it's a bad idea. It's up to the mom. I babysat for a family when I was younger and the mom breastfed all 3 of her children for the first year or longer, they never even saw a bottle and this influenced me to breastfeed greatly
    desisue0131

Answer by desisue0131 at 8:06 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Well since my DD pretended to breast feed her babies by putting them under her shirt I see no problem with the doll and if I ever saw one I probably would get it for her.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would. People buy babies with bottles all the time and they should know that it isnt wrong to breastfeed your child. When my 2nd dd was born my 1st saw me breastfeed her and pretended to do it to her baby, but now that i have my 3rd baby and I am breastfeeding him as well she pretends to breastfeed herself. lmao!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• YES!!!!!!!!!

It will instill that breast are for feeding baby before America's breast are ONLY for guys and can NEVER EVER EVER for anything but that and all babies MUST be fed with BM copy from a breast copy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• thanks for the video bradenismyson
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yo, anytime. Fo' Shizzle. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2010