what dose it mean when your pluse is high

im 5 months pregnant and when i walk my pulse gets up to 135 or 140 dappeneding o how hot it is out side is this bad. my pulse is usly 92-96 laying down

redivy

Asked by redivy at 2:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• thats high u may just have a high pulse i wouldn't worry
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 2:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Your pulse is higher when you are preggo!! You are supporting two now!! Also in activity it is even higher!! You should have a baseline pulse...check it while resting then you will know what yours is!! As long as you are not having long periods of shortness of breath, increased weakness or fatigue (tired) Congrats on preggo!
    charityf

Answer by charityf at 4:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• That sounds completely in normal range to me. Double check with your ob at your next visit to be sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• believe it not you have double the blood volume in your body when your pg! I used to get nose bleeds all the time because of that. so just relax and take it easy, your body is working in overdrive to support your baby. you could also call your OB and see what they say :)
    3lilgems

Answer by 3lilgems at 10:40 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• When you are up moving your heart has to work harder to compenstate for the oxygen supply the rest of your body needs. that is why you have a higher pulse when up and moving. lying down your entire body including your heart relaxes. slower pulse. The numbers you have given are completely acceptable.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 6:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• that happened to me when i was preggers with my first, but i was over weight and on the cusp of gestational diabetes....
    if it's mainly shooting up when you get moving, i would start drinking more water because you could be a bit dehydrated!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 2, 2008