how long does it take you to thoroughly clean your house?

it takes me a few hours if i actually get down in the grooves of every corner

meliscool72

Asked by meliscool72 at 8:03 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• when I do deep cleaning i plan it all out over a 1 week time period. not a spot of anything gets left unscrubbed
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 8:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My Spring and Fall Deep Cleaning is done over a weeks time....One room a day....my daily whole house cleaning can be done in less that an hour....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• If I did a good job, all day, but I rarely do a White Glove Inspection level job.
    I do an area every few days. Priority bring bathroom, kitchen and vacuuming the floors and some dusting on the main floor we use. I don't worry as much about the upper floor that we only use to sleep.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• 3-4 hours.. and i live in an apartment. I was always a good cleaner here and at our house, we just moved out of this spring. My nose is sooo sensitive to smell so i am always using the good stuff to make it smell good. I don't have the vinyl flooring anymore, so no dust mopping or mopping of any kind here. But now i am more of an agressive cleaner. After I helped my neighbor pack and move from down stairs apartment into a house, I could not believe on how messy she really was. The floors were terrible, and she was the one that had vinyl flooring in her kitchen.. the windows had never been cleaned while she been there, dust all over and a real bad smell.. SO that like energized me into making sure my house was super clean on Sat. and on Tuesday mornings, i would clean only the bathroom..
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 8:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Depends. If I am weekly cleaning, only a couple hours. Spring cleaning can take a week or so. moving furniture,cleaning closets,etc. I get in a cleaning mood and can't be stopped. It is so satisfying. I think I may be getting in that frame of mind now, and I want to paint everything. My husband might just run and hide.
    beans68

Answer by beans68 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I never do everything all in one day... I usually deep clean different things on different days and just do straightening up on a daily basis.
    but if I were to just clean everything in one day it would probably take me 2 or 3 hours
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I spend an hour or two every day. When I deep clean, (about 4 times a year), I spend an additional 2 hours for 2-3 days.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I do a little bit every day, so it doesn't really take that long. If I added it all up, it probably takes several hours, but I never do it all in one day anymore so it's hard to tell.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I spread my daily cleaning out over the whole day. If I just did it in one setting it would probably take me around 2 hours.
    sagesmom724

Answer by sagesmom724 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I do a little bit every day that way I do not have to spend hours cleaning. But if I had to add it up I would say around 3 hours, for like deeeeeppp cleaning
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2010