What does this sound like??

a few days ago i was really sneezy and had a severe cough, i lost my voice yesterday, and now today my lungs are hurting really bad. when i breathe they hurt in my back, and when i cough or sneeze, i get sharp pains in them...Im also coughing up phlegm.

Any ideas???? Thank You :)

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 3:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds like bronchitis to me but I'm not a doctor.
    Anonymous

• :( thats what i thought...i was asking so maybe someone could say it was something else lol....if this is what it is, isnt that bad to have during pregnancy?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• can be and then again it can be harmless to the baby.

the bad thing would be if it develops into pneumonia, like mine did several years ago.

What is happening is your bronchial tubes in your lungs are inflamed, this can cause you to have decreased oxygen levels which means your baby would be getting less oxygen too.

if it's viral, there's nothing a doc can do but let it run it's course and just treat your symptoms like cough and pain.

if it's bacterial, they can give you can antibiotic to clear it up.
    Anonymous

• ew i had pneumonia like 7 years ago or 6 or something idk, but it was horrible, hopefully it doesnt turn into that!! Thanks for your info :) ill let me doctor know....

wait do you think i should call him or just wait till my appt which is nov 3?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• go ahead and call, in the little over 2 weeks, it could progress to pneumonia...
    Anonymous

• K Thank you alot! :) i appreciate it.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• no problem :)
    Anonymous

• If the phlegm is clear then you are likely OK, but since you are pregnant it is always worth a call into the Dr.

I have something similar and the Dr just told me to take Robitussin DM, which is safe for pregnancy and will help loosen up the phlegm in my lungs. He said that I likely have viral bronchitis since the phlegm is clear but to call back if it turns yellow or green.

ugh! Why must we be sick?

Take care!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I am taking a z-pack now because I was sick with symptoms a lot like yours. My snot and phlegm was yellow. I hope you feel better soon. It sucks being sick.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i agree hun go ahead and call the dr ..
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2008