This might be a little off the wall. . . but here goes.

I am 30 weeks and 2 days prego. I heard that you are not supposed to take hot baths and to stay away from hot tubs and such. Becuase it raises your body temp which in turn will raise the baby temp and can cause brain damage due to the fluctuation of body temps.
What about showers? Is that the same effect? I am not so much of a bath taker. I would much rather take a nice steamy shower. Is that the same as takin a bath?

mgurl

Asked by mgurl at 3:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you can take a bath just as long as you dont let your body temp rise. which means dont make it very hot... and dont stay in that long. i take baths all the time it relaxes me. Buta shower is different the water hits you and goes down the drain. in a bath, your surrounded by water just sitting there... its always on you where as a shower its not.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• :) take a bath or shower :) just don't have it so hot you come out looking like a lobster :)

you should only avoid baths if your water was broken, only because this can lead to infection.
    Anonymous

• you can stay in the bath as long as you want. just make it warm not steaming hot. nothing wrong with a bath at all. nothing wrong with a shower either.
    Anonymous

• I have never heard that a hot bath or hot tub can cause brain damage to the baby. The doctors told me that the hot tubs and saunas relax your muscles causing you to go into early labor. Its ok to take a hot shower as long as its not too hot. You can have a water birth which is a natural birth because the hot water is supposed to be relaxing and takes away the pain. If you are really worried about it ask your doctor.
    Anonymous

• just cant take it really hot .. take like a luke warm shower or bath i have to do that lol and it sucks im use to hot showers
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2008