FRIED CUCUMBERS?

Anyone every try fried cucumbers or have a recipe? My mother said she read somewhere about it and wants to give it a try. I'm kinda hesitant myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Food & Drink

• 6 medium-sized cucumbers
    2 eggs, beaten
    1 cup goat's milk
    1 cup cornmeal
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    1 tsp. black pepper
    1 cup sunflower oil
    Peel the cucumbers and slice lengthwise. beat together the eggs and goat's milk. In a separate bowl, combine the cornmeal, garlic powder, and pepper. Dip each cucumber slice in the egg batter, then transfer to the cornmeal mixture and completely cover on both sides. Fry in large pan using sunflower oil, about 4–5 minutes on each side.

rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 4:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I've had fried pickles, but I've never heard of fried cucumbers.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 3:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I've had fried zucchini ... it's fabulous! I haven't made it myself; my mom made it. I'm sure the taste is similar. My mom salts and peppers sliced zucchini and fries it in butter. Baking it is also delicious. Good luck!
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 4:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Fried green tomatoes and fried squash blossoms but cukes are so watery. Not sure how you would do that? I am interested in finding out what you find out.. :o)
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Wow, folks will fry anything....
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 5:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• YOU MUST BE FROM THE SOUTH AND AS BIG AS A HOUSE TO EAT SOMETHING LIKE THIS!
    Anonymous

• Wow, bitchy ...
    Anonymous