I want to find a infant/toddler to babysit during the week at my home and don't know where to find one? Any ideas?

megdyser

Asked by megdyser at 3:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• A few ideas: * Post a bulletine at your church. Spread the word verbally at church also.
    * Check with your local Elementary School secretary. They know everyone!..lol They
    may know someone who's looking and may also be able to spread the word.
    * Post a sign in your yard or neigborhood or in the local paper.
    * Send out an email to all your friends letting them know what you want to do.
    They will spread the word for you and keep an ear open as well.
    * Register or List yourself with the State for Home Day Care. The State will send you
    referals.
    All of these things have worked for me for the past 15+ years in my Home Day Care.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• There are great babysitters on babysitters.com go online and check them out
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 3:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Craigslist
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Be careful with Craigslist. I've hidn't have ANY sucess with advertising on there. All the calls I got from my ad (about 4 years ago) were from really strange people who wanted to talk me down on my weekly rate. They hadn't met me yet and were already trying to negotiate a rate. The right people will not try to negiate a price...I speak from experience.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2008