How long does it take your elementary student to get ready for school?

I wake my 2nd grader up an hour before he has to get on the bus and he has about 15 minutes of free time after he get ready.

foxracing43701

Asked by foxracing43701 at 8:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I start waking the kids at 6:30.... we are out the door at 7:30.... My DD's in 1st grade, my DS in preschool.... I even get to comb my hair!!! LOL

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes it takes mine about that time too. *High Five*
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My 5th grader likes to wake up around 5:30am and watch Family Matters while getting ready. We leave to walk to the bus stop at 6:45. So that's 1 hour 15minutes. She's really pissy if she misses her tv time.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Up at 6:30am and ready by 7:20 am for bus at 7:25am ... Wonder if this will change when they are teenagers....But they are all in middle school and freshman in high school now... We still do pretty good with time.
    Mariejen

Answer by Mariejen at 9:11 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• morning scedule for my 4 yr old and me

7:15- wake up, I fix breakfast while he gets dressed and gets himself some milk, while he is eating I pack his pre-k snack and my lunch then go up and get my self dressed (hes a slow eater), Usually about the time he is done i am coming back down stairs to eat my breakfast and he goes up and watches TV, We leave at 8:15.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 9:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We get up at 8 am and my oldest takes about 15-20 mins to get ready. He gets ready pretty quick. My youngest takes the longest because one of his quirkiness comes into play. Its pretty difficult to get everyone out the door on time, lol!!
    Bussi

Answer by Bussi at 11:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• About 10 minutes. They get themselves up around 7am. It's just when they wake up. They get dressed and brush their teeth and they are ready to go. They now eat breakfast at school so there's nothing to do until the bus comes at 8:25. when they have to eat breakfast at home it adds another 10 minutes to their morning. Now they are usually out the door around 8am so they can hang out with their friends at the bus stop before the bus comes.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I always had to allocate enough time in the morning to get them out the door. There was getting dressed, teeth brushing, etc. and actually picking out something they would wear, eating breakfast, making sure they didn't forget to pack any books or homework assignments, and last but least getting out the door and walking them to where they lined up. I almost forgot making their lunches. For the most part an hour would probably not be enough time since they had a tendency to dawdle and take their time through it all.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010