What would be your reaction? My 4 year old SON walked into the room with a doll down his unbuttoned shirt.

We were at my mom's house. The 3 of us, my mom, my husband, and myself spent the 1st 2 minutes dying laughing because we were so shocked when we saw him. Then we asked him what was he doing and he said the baby was hungry and he had to feed it. We commended him for taking such good care of the baby but reminded him only mommies feed babies that way. He insisted that daddies can too. We just let it go so as to not argue with a 4 year old. What would you have told your SON.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:48 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• The same thing you did, and then I wouldn't give it another thought. It's perfectly normal IMO for him to imitate something he's seen like that. He's only 4. I might be concerned if he was 14, lol, but at this age, it's just kinda cute : )
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i would have done same thing
    laughed
    expalined mommies do that
    maybe give him a baby bottle to feed doll with if one was around
    or a spoon to pretend feed doll

CUTE! hope you got a picture, at or least write it down for embarassing him in later years
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• just copying what he sees the grownups do. Its normal. He doesn't know any better at 4YO. :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• So cute! I would've reacted the same way you did.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:52 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Very normal. And said same thing u did. And then let it go. Very cute and very normal.
    Mariejen

Answer by Mariejen at 8:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Cute! I would have done the same thing. Good for you for not saying anything negative to him!!
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 8:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't even have noticed. LOL I would have assumed he was wearing the baby. I would have continued to let him feed it like that. I don't think I would have even mentioned that daddies can't feed like that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• same thing you did, kids like to copy what they see :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 8:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i don't think i wouldve been shocked...i wouldve been more shocked if he was hunching it or something
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• naa..little boys are just as curious..my son when he was just turning 4 asked me when was his boobies going to get as big as mine..lol
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:06 AM on Sep. 10, 2010