would you go or stay home?

My dad fell and had to get hip surgery done 2 days ago and he is still in the hospital. They said he might not get out until tomorrow and my mom is leaving tonight with people from the church. They are going to murtle beach until next Saturday. She said she is going because it was 180.00 and she can't get it back. Would you still go or just not go? I mean if that was your DH? He had the hip surgery on Wednesday at 3 and soon as he got back to his room my mom went to church and then after went out to eat with people from the church and then went back to the hospital. My mom wont miss church no matter what. Like one day I got hurt when I was 13 getting out of the car I should had got stitches, but my mom said I was fine (because she didn't want to miss church.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I would stay with my husband. Your dad is going to need help when he gets home. My husband has had two hip replacements, so I know what is involved after this type of surgery and there's no way he can get along the first week or so without someone there to help. As for the church issue--it's good to be faithful about going; however church isn't just the building, church is more about where you are in your mind and what you are worshipping, not where you are physically. We used to say "Just because your hands are in the dishwater, it doesn't mean your mind has to be there".
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• WOW! Church is important to me as well.....BUT this is her family and her partner. I would cancel the trip. I am curious, did your Father or maybe her own parents do something to her when she needed them and they placed her second? I would probably ask her and if she says no, i would share with her how you feel about what she is doing and what she did when you were younger. I know that we are taught to put GOD first, family second, and then work third, but I am pretty sure that GOD would understand if she stayed home and waited for the next church trip.
    GOOD LUCK!
    Hope your Dad has a speedy recovery.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 9:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I can't even begin to imagine my hubby being seriously hurt and then taking off on a vacation. If I had to lose the money then I would. Don't mean to be rude but your Mom sounds a bit self centered.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'd take the loss and stay with my DH
    Sorta implies what someone loves more... the person or the money & place
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• thank you no you aren't being rude actually DH and I have been talking about this. Especially leaving right after surgery to go to church. DH told me if I left him right after to not bother coming back lol he said actaually it would be safe that you didn't come back lol
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No way would I go. Wow, I feel bad for your dad.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• um yeah, i would stay with my husband so i could take care of him...
    my mom used to be that way, very obsessive about being at church all the time... my mom used church as an escape when my dad was in the Army and he was gone a lot, we would be there everyday for something. Overtime it became a habit that she found really hard to break- she's chilled out some now simply because she can't keep up anymore.
    When I moved out I had to really evaluate what my priorities were going to be in my family... anyway, I hope that she will realize what she's doing soon!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Your husband (or family) should come before any vacation,God has never demanded we go on pleasure trips.
    Bibboo

Answer by Bibboo at 9:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'd take care of my DH.!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Did he tell her to go ahead and go or did she just go? There is no way I'd leave my DH if he was hurt. I understand that people get attached to their church, but putting church before family sounds a little weird. I agree, I think God would be okay with her missing church.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010