help it is the second week of school and already having my 5 year old not want to go to school.

Well Tuesday they went her home they said she threw up and not sure why cause when she came home she was fine running around, fighting with her sister, she ate like there was no tomorrow, she had no fever. Then on Wednesday sh told me she stayed with the pricaple after lunch I asked her why? She said cause she didn't want to go outside to play. Not sure why. I called the school, but the princaple isn't in until Monday. Then yesterday she was fine running around at the bus stop and as soon as she seen the bus she said she didn't feel good, but I made her go to school anyway so she started crying. She was fine though no calls home. Then this morning she was fine this morning, but she started crying 10 minutes before the bus stop I asked her what was wrong? She said she feels like she is going to throw up I made her go to school anyway so she was mad at me wouldn't even give me a kiss before getting on the bus. CONT.....

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd talk to the teacher. She may just be nervous about leaving you. It's a whole new situation for her and it might take her a couple of weeks to get into the new routine. Does she know anyone in her class? Maybe you could go and take a peek at what she is doing during the day. Ask her about her friends in class and meet the moms and maybe invite one or 2 of her new friends over for a play date.
    Some kids just take longer to get used to that leaving mom all day school routine.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Its always like that during the 2nd week of school! The first week of school is fun because its new and the 2nd week they all realize that they have to actually work and learn so they resist it... by next week she'll start to settle into the routine better.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:03 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• call the school and make arrangements to sit in on her class. it sounds like she might be too bored at school (thats where i'm at) or some kids are picking on her. mine don't want to go to school cuz she's bored. i had to do that with my oldest. and it turned out that there were some boys in her class making fun of her cuz she was quicker to learn things.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I feel so bad that I have to be like that, but I don't know why she is not wanting to go to school. She couldn't wait to go to school at first. She asked me since 3 when she can go to school and 2 weeks in and she don't want to go now. Actually she told me this morning when I asked her why she don't want to go she says she does, but.....But she wouldn't tell me why. She says she has friends, noone is mean to her she says teachers don't yell at her so I don't know why she is doing this. How can I make it easier I still have months to go lol. She asked me the other day how many weeks until no more school lol
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

Some kids just take longer to get used to that leaving mom all day school routine

No I asked her, but she doesn't know any of there names she knows one that is Alex (girl). Thats what I thought I am ASAHM so she hashas never been away from me this long maybe a couple hours, but she goes to all day kindergarden
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Can you email the teacher? Or give her a call? She might have some ideas or if she is not aware then she can watch for any problems. I wish you all the best and hope this doesn't last long.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My son is having the same problems. I sent a family picture with him so he could feel we are with him. I tell him I will check on him afew times aday. Everyone tells me it is a transition and it will take time you just have to make them go. I hope things get better for you and your daughter.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 10:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• There must be something going on with the kids you should talk to the principle and have him give a heads up to the playground staff . the hallways are bad just as well so make sure the right people are keeping an extra eye out for anything going on
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010