Are you worried about your high blood pressure?

I just started taking medication for it and my father has it too,though he's older and he's not over weight like Iam,I'm wondering if mine is hereditary?It's really scary to be in this position.High bood pressure can lead to stroke and heart failure.It's scarey because I've been over weight before and I didn't have high blood pressure.I'm turning 40 soon so age may have a factor.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 3:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Health

• I have HBP too and started taking meds for it. It started when I had kidney failure and I will probably have it for life. If you eat right(lots of vegetables, chicken, no salt, etc) it can be controlled. ALso if you walk a mile a day, even 1/2 mile is good to start. You can go online and find all you need to know about it .Yes it scared me at first when I found out I had it, but, then I look at it as God gave me more time to live when I had kidneyfailure . I would rather take the meds and live than not to live at all. Its not a drastic life change, its a good one. I bought an at home BP kit so I can monitor myself, and even that helps me too. If you need any more info, let me know.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• If you would like a good supplement for that with no side effects, PM me and I can give you the details.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 9:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2008