My 10 month old wont sleep past 5 am....Does anyone have any advice what I could do differntly without throwing her schedule off too much?

She has a good bedtime routine that never changes and shes in bed by the same time every night 7-7:30pm. Latley she's been getting up around 5:30 am which is WAY too early for me. I can't seem to get her to sleep later i've even tried putting her to bed later, She just gets VERY cranky and still wakes up at 5am. Also.....She does sleep through the night and puts herself down.

Mommy2Ariana

Asked by Mommy2Ariana at 3:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• later bedtime...
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Room darkening blinds and a later bed time.
    wickdprincess

Answer by wickdprincess at 3:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• later bedtime. My daughter goes to sleep @ 10 or 11 and doesnt wake up til 9. When she goes to bed b4 8 she wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to play.. So we do a later bed time. Its not like i have anything better to do anyways lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Co sleeping? My daughter falls back asleep when she comes to beth weith me when she wakes up really early. She just wants to cuddle
    Anonymous

• Maybe try a later bed time, like 8 or 8:30. Also, how many naps is she taking during the day? If she's taking 2 naps, she may be ready to transition to just one nap per day. My daughter is the exact same age and she just went to one nap a day.
    OR, she could be teething and they may just be waking her up. Both of my kids ( my son is almost 2) seem to go through episodes like this when they are teething...
    math_mom2

Answer by math_mom2 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I didn't find anything that helped...I learned to get up earlier.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have this same issue, but w/two kids. My 5 mo. old thinks it's halarious to see me that early and my 2 year old doesn't want to miss a beat. My DH has always been an early bird and I think they got that gene from him. I've tried the later bed time thing as well, doesn't work! The later I put my 2 year old down, the earlier he gets up. And the later I put my 5 mo. old down, the crankier he is the next day. I'm sorry I didnt' have any good news. Like one Mom said, I just learned to get up earlier. I go to bed earlier now, I used to be a night owl, but I treasure my sleep, so I DVR my shows and off to bed I go! Both my boys go to bed at 8 p.m. I will keep my fingers crossed it's just a phase for ya!
    KimKoehler

Answer by KimKoehler at 9:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I think I got lucky with my husband, he has morning duty with our little man. I sleep like a log, so I had no idea what he did at first to get out little man to sleep in, but he finally told me that he gave him a bottle of water, and went back to sleep. I wanted to kill him, but after a week our son was sleeping until 8 am when the alarm goes off. Both of us are night people, and could not believe that our little guy wanted to rise with the sun. It takes time, and also I helped cut out one nap a day, and that seems ot work for us. Now at 8 months, my little one will tkae only one nap a day, between 1-2 hours if I am lucky. He is so not a sleeper. But that is ok, I have a blast playing with him all day long.
    hoopys19

Answer by hoopys19 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2008