my 8 1/2 month old son has no teeth...is this normal?

he has been teething since 3 months!

Noahsma08

Asked by Noahsma08 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say that all babies get teeth at different ages, my son has a full mouth of teeth and has since he was 9mths.
    Anonymous

• yes. all babies are different. some babies don't get teeth until after their first birthday and some have even been born with teeth.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• yep :) it's normal

BTW do you use Orajel? it's been proven to actually toughen gums making it harder for the teeth to come through.
    Anonymous

• yes completly normal, my girl was 9 months when she got her 1st tooth then it was after she turned 1 that she got her 2nd and 3rd teeth
    abbigirl_86

Answer by abbigirl_86 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My son didn't get his first tooth until 8 months. He will be 1 year in two weeks and has three now with his 4th just starting to come in. Don't worry. I've heard that the later the teeth come in, the healthier they are.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 11:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2008