I'm want to start providing child care in my home but not sure where to look/advertise? any thoughts???

megdyser

Asked by megdyser at 3:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Money & Work

• Word of mouth is what worked best for me! I actually contacted an acquaintance who was doing child care in home and mentioned to her that if she knew of anyone who was looking for daycare, to send them my way since I knew she was always turning people away. I also let the local preschool center know since they have had to turn people away or had people who could not afford their rates. I let the elementary school know also (the secretary in the office) and have had a lot of business from there.

When I did advertise at the grocery store, I didn't get "quality" families. I had some who wouldn't pay ontime, and some who wouldn't pick up their kids when they were supposed to. So make sure you interview them just as well as they are interviewing you! If you have other questions, send me a message.
    Good Luck!
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 4:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• craiglists.org it worked for me.
    mothermayiam

Answer by mothermayiam at 9:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2008