I'm 38w1d pregnant and last night I felt really weird contraction-like feeling...

I say contraction cuz' I know it felt like braxton but much worse? I'm not sure if this is real contractions that's happening... early labor perhaps? it went for about 40 mins and went off and on from there... what are some signs you moms felt when going into labor for the first time... this is my first baby and i'm not sure what to look for... thanks

jyi0621

Asked by jyi0621 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's hard to explain, but you'll just know the difference. I remember that when my actual contractions started, it felt more like the cramps you have with your period, but it just kept getting much worse and much closer together.
    math_mom2

Answer by math_mom2 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• If your worried go to Labor and delivery and they can check your cervix, I warn you its not pleasant! But they can monitor you for contractions, I was having then today and didnt even notice until they told me.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2008