Babysitting

Good morning ladies.... I am babysitting a 6month old baby girl for a friend of mine. I have had 3 babies, and thought this would be a breeze. LOL, I was wrong. I nursed all 3 of our and never gave a bottle so I don't have a clue what to do. Do I give her food instead of another bottle? She keeps crying and I went through all of the steps, changed her, gave her a bottle, 6oz, sang to her, and of course all the while I was holding her. She just would squirm and cry... Birped her, she would still cry. So I laid her in her playpen, thinking my arms were making her more fussy, she still rolled around and cried. So I made her another bottle, 4oz this time. She took it, and went right to sleep in her playpen. Does this mean she only goes to sleep with a bottle? Is it bad to do that? I will for sure talk to her Mom when she picks her up today, but I just don't want to start something that can become a bad habit. Any ideas??? TY!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah ask her mom what she does. Don't worry if it's a good or bad thing or good or bad habit, just do whatever mom says and wants you to do.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• if that is what calms her, then it's probably what her mom does.
    MsLouLou

Answer by MsLouLou at 9:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It is bad to put a baby down with the bottle, but it sounds like that's what the child is accustomed to.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:03 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• OP- She's sleeping soundly now.. I guess the bottle did the trick,lol. Ty ladies!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• OP- I agree Gaccck, but I was running out of options... I will for sure talk to her Mom when she gets here this afternoon.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I''m sorry you're having trouble with the baby. Perhaps the baby just isn't getting full enough but as far as laying her down with a bottle that's a huge no no. Look up "baby bottle tooth decay". In 12 yrs of dentistry I've seen too many children with a mouth full of rotten abcessed teeth that could have totally been prevented. I know I"m getting off the subject but the baby should have her gums wiped off a couple times a day until she has teeth and mom can brush them too. I hope things will get easier. Some babies are just fussers but hopefully it will be something easy to fix. Good luck
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• OP again- RENTAMOM, This is a one time thing. I'm not her regular sitter so I don't think this one time is going to hurt her. As for what her Mom does, not my place to tell her what to do with her baby, but I will let her know what I did today.. Thanks again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:13 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Sounds like it was time for a nap. The mom should have told you how to put her down for a nap. Hope the rest of the day goes smoothly.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• do what mom says and sometimes babies want to eat more than at other times
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010