where were u???

where were u on 9/11???

echokays

Asked by echokays at 9:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• freshman in college, getting ready for an early morning study group before a math class.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• in 2001? I was a senior in college (ahhh! I can't believe its almost been 10 years since I graduated college!!!)
    anyway, i remember that my friend in the room next door came over and woke me up and told me to turn on the news... a bunch of other girls from the dorm all piled in our room and we sat there in shock over the whole thing.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had just woke up, still in bed, turned on the news, saw the plane flying into the tower, and then another one, and I thought it was something happening in another country. When I was finally all the way awake I realized what had really happened.... It was devastating to say the least...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Working at home depot
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 9:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I came back home from taking my child to school and turned on the TV to see the news broadcast.
    It still lives on in my memory and as a nation, we still suffer from the after effects today.
    My prayers are with all those on 09/11/2010.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 10:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Basically the same as MrsLeftLane except I was getting ready for my first day at UPS in dispatch.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I was working the front desk in the PT clinic in a hospital in Boston...our secretary was out and I wasn't seeing any patients... I watched the second plane hit live before my boss would believe something real and big was going on. I still get chills when I think of that moment when I realized what I was actually watching LIVE on the TV!!

We were put on alert b/c they didn't know if they were going to have to ship patients up to us and our clinic office area is the chemical detox/wash down station for the whole hospital in a disaster.

I remember feeling like "I need to be at home... it's safe at home". Then I became addicted to watching the news. ((((((Hugs)))) to those directly affected, I was lucky, but feel very deeply for those who weren't so lucky that day

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I was in an exam room getting ready to give a 5 yo a shot and then he punched his mom in the belly, and then I heard another nurse come down the hall shouting the news.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I was at Shopko when the news broke-- I remember the drive home the radio dj talked about was the horror and tragedy and I was crying and praying my nephew and cousin in DC were safe (thankfully they both were).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:06 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I was at home with the news turned on and saw it happen. I live on the West Coast.. I had been taking care of my uncle because he was in a very bad car wreck, so I went over to his house and we sat there in stunned silence watching the news all day, I think we were both in shock. And then when it got dark out we went out to the firepit and lit a candle for all those that perished that day. That candle burned all night long, he sat and watched it. I will never forget that day ever.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 10:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2010