Any tips on how to get my almost 3 year old over night time bed wetting?

He has been day time potty trained, no accidents, for almost 3 months.

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 9:55 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• have him pee just before bed... .and wake him to pee just before you go to bed. I also had my little guy wear the underwear type pullups just in case.... b/c I was not going to change the sheets every freaken day.... LOL Good luck mom!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• His bladder may just not be big enough to hold a full nights pee. Just before we went to bed .... which was 3-5 hours after our 3 yr old went to bed.... I would go in his room, scoop him up, take him to the bathroom and have him go pee. He would wake up just enough to pee, but had no problems going back to sleep. Totally ended our nighttime accidents. After a while we phased it out, but not for several months.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Boys bladders mature more slowly than girls. its very very common for boys to achieve daytime dry but not night time for a while yet. I would not make a big deal or it or worry about it. put on plastic sheets maybe have him wear those underjams or something to bed. he will outgrow this.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Try not to give him anything to drink for at least an hour before bedtime, make him to pee before going to bed, and whenever you wake up to pee wake him up as well. Don't worry it takes time!!
    Bussi

Answer by Bussi at 10:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Bed wetting eventually stops but it is different ages for different kids. My brothers and I were around 10 when we stopped. My grandaughter just stopped and she is 7. It varies widely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Some kids are just bedwetters and there is little you can do. My son is almost 9 and still occasionally wets the bed. My middle daughter is almost 8 and still wets the bed every night. They both wear pull-ups at night because I don't have a washer to be washing wet bedding every day and we rent so we can't have their rooms smelling like pee.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My youngest is 12 and still wets the bed occassionally. He is a deep sleeper and has told me he thinks he's in the bathroom and doesn't realize he isn't in there. It is slowly stopping though, some kids just have smaller bladders or like my son just are such deep sleepers there isn't much you can do. No drinks a couple hours before bed, make sure they use the bathroom and put plastic covers on the mattress.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i would try not to give him other anything to drink at least two to three hrs before going to sleep and have him or her pee before going to bed. Also every time you get up during the night to pee i would get him or her to go as well.
    Bussi

Answer by Bussi at 9:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• LOL. Thank you Bussi for answering and reminding me of this post. Oddly enough I am going through this again right now with my youngest that is again almost 3.
    MythicMMM

Comment by MythicMMM (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2012