What are some solid foods i can give my 7 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• rice cereal or baby oatmeal (or other single grain cereal) if that works out well then introduce pureed veggies and fruits http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• NO purees. If baby can sit unassisted and can/wants to bring soft chunks to it's mouth and eat it, give avocado, baked sweet potato, and bananas. no rice cereal either. If food has to be liquidy, baby isn't ready for it.

http://babyledweaning.com/

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/babyledweaning.htm

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• mashed potatoes and if any teeth hot dogs
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with baby food if you want to use it.

Otherwise you can cook carrots, cauliflower, etc. to the point it is soft but still solid enough to be picked up after being cubed. (In fact if you are looking for a quicker route gerber makes jarred chunks of veggies).

Banana is not a good idea if baby has troubles with constipation because it will plug them up even worse.

Green beans work well because they can be cut down some into smaller chunks and are still easy to grip. :)
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• When my son was 7 months old, he was eating grown up food - he ate green beans, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie by himself, and he also had bites of turkey, mac & cheese, and some other stuff (it was Christmas dinner, haha).
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 1:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• http://www.parents.com/baby/feeding/solid-foods/menus-by-age/?page=1

I remember letting my girls play with canned, mushy peas, too. They rarely got one in their mouth, and if they did, it was squashed well before they were able to get it in their mouths. Peas are hard to grasp at that age. They had fun, and learned how to self feed. Just put 4 or 5 on the tray at a time.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 3:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My 7 month old doesn't have a pincer grip yet, so he can't really feed himself. He grasps something in his hand then sucks on his hand to get it :) Biter biscuits are great for this age (just to get practice as getting stuff into his mouth), as is a mesh feeder that you can put soft foods into.

At this point, I'll feed him chunks of food - bake a sweet potato or squash, carrots, bananas, avocado, etc - and feed him little cubes. He's really good at gumming them to mush them enough to be able to swallow.

He also gets little tastes of our food from time to time - not always on purpose, lol, he jams his hand into our plates and helps himself!
    PrincessZ20

Answer by PrincessZ20 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• At that age, I start with mushable stuff. Sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, bananas, avocadoes, applesauce.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:08 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Oh my why did you ask this question anonymously? There isn't anything to be ashamed about. I make friends with the people from the questions I answer. Well, blend up some garden peas, make regular spaghetti...I don't eat beef. Mash the spaghetti up a little.He will love the sauce.Make sure it has mushrooms and bits of chicken in it. Basically you can feed it to him with only pasta and sauce. If you want to give him something a little more solid,do mushrooms as I have mentioned, garden peas and break up some soft chicken if he has teeth.No teeth, no tough meat. Make him colard greens and cornbread.Mash the cornbread in the greens leave a ton of juice in the greens to make them soft. If you start your child off with tons of veggies, you baby will crave veggies.Cook fresh carrots until they are very soft. Dont feed your child too much of the potatoe type of food on a regular basis. That can become too much starch
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 6:24 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Never ever, ever give a baby a hotdog with teeth or not. It can block the esophagus and choke.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 6:27 AM on Sep. 11, 2010