FISH

I bought some pollack filets wanting to eat healthy---and they were on sale--LOL anyway I have part of a 10 pound box that I have to get rid of by the last saturday of the month because I ordered the chicken nugget box for AFM, because I filled my other freeze during a meat sale yesterday. The filets are boneless, skinless and non breaded, I need recipies---the last time I made it I make a foil pack with red and green peppers and onions and old bay---no one liked it but ate in anyway. I bought some fish breading at the dollar store and also my mom gave me three boxes of chicken shaken bake walmart brand that expires this month. But other than that I do not know what to do, can I fry it up and substiute for tuna in a casserole or sandwich, fish tacos??

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 10:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• With kids I would go with the baking in the oven, you can do it a healthier way.

What I do is bread it, spam a cookie sheet, and cook on that. No oil or anything, half way through flip it so both sides get crispi.... then the left overs would be tacos for lunch tomorrow. UMMM UMMM GOOD>.. with lettuce, tomatoe, lemon... UMMM UMMM GOOD

Your making me hungry for fish... Muncha!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I put a little olive oil in a pan and the juice from one lemon and heat the pan. While the pan is heating, I sprinkle the fish with lemon zest, salt & pepper and dill (fresh is good, but dried works equally well). Add the fish to the pan and cook till done (just a few minutes - if the filets are thin you won't even need to flip them). I serve with rice or couscous and a veg - my kids LOVE this meal.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Baked Fish Fillets

Measure Ingredient
    1 pounds Pollack fish fillets, thawed
    ½ teaspoon Salt
    1 dash Pepper
    2 tablespoons Margarine or Butter, melted
    1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
    1 teaspoon Onion, finely chopped
    Cut fillets into serving pieces, if necessary, and arrange in an ungreased baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix margarine or butter, lemon juice and onion together and drizzle over fish. Bake uncovered in a 400øF oven until fish flakes very easily with a fork and is opaque in the center.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 10:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I just roll mine in flour, and I pan fry it with olive oil, and a slice of butter for butter flavor. I just add salt to it. I also make oven fries and coleslaw and homemade tarter sauce to go with!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Pollack is also fine in fish tacos. Cut the fillets into chunks no larger than 1" X 1" before breading and frying them. Put about 3 chunks into each tortilla and top with some lightly shredded cabbage or lettuce, a dollop of sour cream, and serve with lime wedges and salsa.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 10:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Parmesan fish

Place fillets in baking dish, add 2 T lemon juice,leave for 10 mins. Mix 1/2 c parmesan cheese, 4 T melted butter, 3 T mayo, 3 T chopped green onions, dash of tabasco. Broil for 5 minutes, spread with cheese mixture, broil 2-3 minutes. I use orange roughy but any white fish does well.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 12, 2010