Exercise advice?

Recently I was put on exercise restriction, and I am limited to walking only and ONLY 10 mins at a time! This is due to a disease in both feet that I am trying to overcome. It affects the muscles from my toes to my heels, my achilles tendons, and my ankles. The pain is worse than labor and worse than my after pain with my c-section. I am getting so depressed about my weight, and I am afraid there is nothing I can do to help myself lose weight. Obviously I can eat healthier foods, which will help. But I am right now a size 20 and wanting to get to a size 11/12. Are there any types of exercises I can do for weight loss that won't put stress on my feet? The only one that I have been able to think of is swimming, but I am lucky if I can get a swim session in once every two weeks =( Any advice will be helpful!

Mrs.Robey_4ever

Asked by Mrs.Robey_4ever at 10:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• have you ever tried one of those recumbent bikes? they are pretty nice
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Are they like regular bicycles? My doctor said no riding bikes. To be exact on my restrictions, these are the things my Dr. restricted.

Walking or standing for longer than 10 mins at a time
    Bike Riding
    Jump roping
    Running or jogging
    Push ups
    Mrs.Robey_4ever

Comment by Mrs.Robey_4ever (original poster) at 10:13 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Get the most out of your workouts - whatever they are - I eat an Access Bar 15 minutes before any exercise (walking, swimming, cleaning, gardening...) they actually turn fat into fuel - so you burn stored fat first -it helps the body use stored fat as a natural source of energy for enhanced workouts and reduced body fat! Please let me know if you would like anymore info :)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2010