My sons Pre-k class is....

wanting the kids to wear "color of the day". My hubby is having a fit becuase next wendsdat is PINK and he doesnt want me to let our son wear pink. What should i do? Do you think he is just making a big deal out of nothing? Would you do it?

wildwiccan83

Asked by wildwiccan83 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Men are pretty dumb when it comes to these things...If he had a girl would he freak out about Blue or green?My husband wouldn't LIKE the idea BUT one day of the pink shirt doesn't= sissy lala for life..Mayve you can get a white shirt and put a big pink heart o it or something..maybe a pink bracelet?
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:48 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• if everyone else in the class is wearing pink then why is he freaking out?
    is it to help them learn their colors? maybe explaining it that way will help him calm down?
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:11 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It is just one learning technique that the teacher has picked. What about a pink tie? IDK .........it is just one day out of an entire life.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:13 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yeah, just the bracelet and the pin should work. I have a dresser full of clothes for my baby boy, and there isn't one stitch of pink in it. I certainly wouldn't go buy anything just for a color of the day.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• if we had a son, my hubby wouldnt let him wear pink either. its hard cause guys feel like pink is for girls. so heres a bump, more help.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 10:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• yes its for colors, Each kid is supposed to wear the color, bring a snack that color, and all day the things they do revolve around the color and recognizing its name as a "sight word". I think hubby is being rediculous but i don't want to fight over something so dumn either, but at the same time i don't want my son left out in the class.
    wildwiccan83

Comment by wildwiccan83 (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i thought about putting him in black and giving him my breastcancer pin and bracelet to wear. do you think that would work?
    wildwiccan83

Comment by wildwiccan83 (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• That sounds like it should be enough so that the color is there. I don't think he needs to be in black though. Just have something to represent the color and he should have the snack too. Maybe a peach? Can you email the teacher about it?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had pink gummies left from throwing a breast cancer fund raiser for snack
    wildwiccan83

Comment by wildwiccan83 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• He doesn't have to literally wear a pink shirt, but can bring something pink.
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010