How do you feel about people who have more than 2-3 children?

I have just recently given birth to our 5th. We thought we were done at 4 but we really wanted to have a 5th. This is for sure our last due to mine and my husbands age but I am totally happy with my choice to have 5 children. We may be cramped in our little home but we are happy.

fourisplenty

Asked by fourisplenty at 10:14 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• We are on our third. I could care less how many someone has. It is there family and there life.it does not effect me at all.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• NOt my business. People think I'm crazy with three. I say as long as you are willing to support them, go for it. (things happen with families of 1 kid though)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• wow I think it is great for you! I am a little jealous I have three who are all going to be in college soon. =(
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'm going to have my 3rd in December!! I love being a Mommy!! =)♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't think anything of it. As long as everyone is happy, loved and cared for, it's not my business. Being "cramped" in a home doesn't mean anything if everyone's happy. I do get frustrated when I see large families where children are not cared for properly. If you can't provide adequately for them, you need to rethink how many children you are having. There are ways to prevent it.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 10:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• If the parents can afford to support themselves/children then I think it's fine. I would have loved to have just one. I don't like to see someone with a bunch of kids they can't support and have to rely on others all the time. Congratulations on #5.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:22 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• As long as they can support them, and take care of them, I don't think it is anyone's business! I think large families are great!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It's absolutely none of my business - although I admire those who are up to the undertaking! I have two children, and that's plenty for me. As long as you can afford to support all of them, and provide a loving home, why not?
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Well, I grew up in a house with 4 of us sublings.My Aunt had 5, my other Aunt had 4, My best friend had 4...and combined..we have 6. 3 do not live with us but on weekends..its a real riot here,lol.
    I think big families are good...as long as it is affordable. What I mean by affordable is..the kids have a roof over thier heads, food in their bellies and clean clothes to wear and shoes without holes.Money issues can be stressful on a family..especially big ones.And I think it takes away from the fun of it all by the parents being too stressed out about money to enjoy thier children.
    Other than that..I really do love the idea of big families...You get to grow up surrounded by people you know inside and out.
    If we could afford it..I'd probably have more! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have no feelings in particular about it but I do think it's hysterical that this question is being asked by someone with the screenname Fourisplenty!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2010