agree or disagree

There is no reason a man can't do half the house work if the woman works the same amount of hours during the week as he does.

wildwiccan83

Asked by wildwiccan83 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree.. it should be split. Thats how it is in our house.....in fact, he does more than me! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Absolutely agree - a marriage is a partnership, everything should be 50-50.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:22 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• There is NO reason that he can't. I find that the work load is easier when it is split. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• if the woman works out side the home, then I agree.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• partnership. period
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Agreed. And if he can't agree to that, bring in a maid service since you both work so much! lol.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree if the woman works outside the home.... I don't work outside the home, and my SO and I have a beef ranch... He works endless hours, so I try to help him as much as I can outside, and I do all of the inside work.....he does try to help it clean though
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Agree. Both should share all the responsibilities inside the home as well as outside.
    Ruthie170

Answer by Ruthie170 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree wholeheartedly!!!    When I was working before the kids came, he still would not do his share much less equal division. He still put it all on me and then refused to follow the rules I put in place. I mean simple things your mother taught you like don't drink out of the carton, put your shoes up and don't leave your dirty socks all over the house! I still have problems with him over this. He hasn't changed one bit now the kids are here. There are days I wonder if divorce would be better. The amount of cleaning to be done wouldn't change.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree.

In fact, I'm a SAHM, but my dh has frequently done housework, cooking, laundry, etc. Like when I'm in the middle of a huge project (I do a lot of volunteer work, sometimes putting in 20 - 30 hrs a week on a project). He'll also do it if I'm sick (I spent pretty much the month of August sick with walking pneumonia and had very strict Dr's orders about what I was and wasn't allowed to do).

When the kids were little, he would also help out some - things like, he would help with dishes while I got the kids their bath and to bed, or he would give them their baths while I did dishes, etc.

I admit I'm VERY blessed - though my dh says that part of why he does it is because when he's deployed, I have to be both mom and dad, so when he's home he likes to help make it easier on me :-) but, blessed or not, I DEFINITELY think that if both partners are working, then they should both do housework.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2010