Babies Encyclopedia: Do I need to give my baby Trivosil drops if I formula feed?

CafeMom Team will be posting Baby Encyclopedia questions in the Babies Category from Tuesday till Friday of this week. For every question you answer, you'll be entered to win one of the $25 Gap Gift Cards that we're giving away each day!
But there's a catch... only "real" answers will be entered to win the $25 Gap Gift Card. If you do not have tested advice or an informed opinion on the topic, please wait to answer the next question. There will be plenty of opportunities to enter the contest.
We are using these questions to create a mom-tested resource for new and expecting parents, so try to use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling when writing your answers.
Read Official Rules.

CafeMom Team

Asked by CafeMom Team at 10:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No because if your formula feed you will get the same nutrients that you get from trivisol already in formula. I breastfed my daughter and she was on trivisol for the first month but I dont see it as necessary.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• no baby vitamins aren't nessesary as long as they are bottle or breast fed
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No. They should be getting all they need from breastmilk or formula.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Nope, they are necessary unless your doctor specifically tells you to use them.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:03 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Unless your doctor recommends it because your baby for some reason needs the extra nutrients, no you don't need to add it to your formula. The formula should have all the nutrients your baby needs (again, unless your doctor recommends it).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2010