Anyone else?

My husband pretends to not know where things are in the house so I will have to put them away... anyone else have this problem.

Not for everything, but certain kitchen items, sheets, towels. When they are clean and stacked ready to be put away he trys to pull this "I don't know where it goes" crap...

Niki_sd

Asked by Niki_sd at 10:24 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• GRRR! My DH does the same thing! He will also ask me where things are instead of looking first. Same with the computer...if he can't figure some thing out in 2 seconds, he "doesn't know' how to do it and I have to do it for him. Highly annoying.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Lol, I think most men do that. When my husband tries that, I always just tell him where to put it. : )
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My answer would be "How long have we lived here? Start opening drawers, cabinets and closets until you figure out where they go!" I am harsh with mine and my mom was with me. They need to be able to function if you are not there.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My husband just does it. He doesn't complain about helping me usually. I help him on most of his stuff too though.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Tell him to walk with you so you can show him, and from then on out he doesn't have an excuse..lol My huband does that with cooking...it drives me crazy....because the alternative to me cooking is either a can of something that has to be heated in the microwave, or a frozen pizza.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Oh yeah. It's because he doesn't want to do it so he doesn't pay any attention. I've gotten to the point that if he doesn't know where it goes then I'm not telling him where it's at if he askes. And if I don't know where is his stuff goes....whoops...it's in the trash. "Well look around" is my pet phrase. My place is not huge by any means. There are only so many places where anything can be. He's got eyes, I assume he's got a brain, so he can use both of them and figure it out!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yeah my husband does the same thing. It gets bad when he does it with his clothes.
    mommyjones

Answer by mommyjones at 10:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• haha, my SO tries this...I'll have his clothes all folded and he'll ask me where they go...my response is...you get them out of your dresser everyday, where do find them in your dresser
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• YES! It drives me insane.
    What bothers me most about the kitchen is that when we moved in my mom and I put everything away. Then he came home and was like "No offense, but I have a system and I'm changing it." We were okay with that. So he did change it and he put everything where it went. Then one day after he did dishes MONTHS after we moved in he acted like he didn't know where anything went. BS he put it all where it is, how can he not know? UGH!

He does that with towels too. They've been in the same dresser beside the bathroom since October of '09. How can he not know where they are? So frustrating!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It's called "learned helplessness" and it typically manifests in men whose mothers were raised to believe that men shouldn't have to do anything around the house in the way of chores. The way to break the habit is to call him on his crap attitude and under no circumstances feed into the behavior.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2010