has anyone

has anyone else switch from being on the mini pill to the depo shot six weeks after having your baby and got told didnt have to use any kind of back up for a while.

eliesmommy1989

Asked by eliesmommy1989 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• they told me to use condoms even while on depo the whole time ha! i quit after the first month and just planned around my fertile days
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I got put on depo like 2 months after I had my son and was told I didn't have to use any back up at all after 5 minutes. I've been on the shot for 3 years now and never had any problems. They said it is instant and so back up methods are not needed. But you should know that the depo has been known to create some problems if you plan on having more children. They say it may make it hard to concieve again or even make you sterile. No problem for me...lol. But something you may want to think about if you want more kids. The IUD is good for 5 to 10 years depending on which one you get and you can get preggo quickly after it is removed. But it is mighty expensive.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 1:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010