How can I get my 2 1/2 year old to use the potty?

I have tried everything, I've bribed him with stickers and cookies, I've placed cheerios int he potty for him to aim at. I've had him watch potty videos and I even sat his 10 month old brother on the potty hoping it would make him jealous and want the potty all to himself but instead he said the potty belonged to his little brother. I don't know what else to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He may just not be ready. My son will be three at the end of December - I have the potty chair, underpants, books and a CD. He talks about it, but he doesn't have an interest in actually using it yet. Give him time :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I've heard that you need to let them run around with either just underwear or nothing. My 2 yr old will go potty when you ask her to go but won't tell you when she needs to go. She just doesn't care that she is wet. I posted my own question for answers too! If you get some good advice please share!
    Moni_Gurl

Answer by Moni_Gurl at 10:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2010