Super curly hair..know a good flat iron?

My cheap flat iron was GREAT all THREE of them that ive gone through in the last few years. The heating elements start to wear out unevenly so it takes along time to do my hair. My hair is pretty long, and VERY curly. Any body know of a fantastic flat iron? I wanna start straightening my hair for the cold weather!! THANKS!!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• At first I was going to buy a CHI on Ebay , Because I heard that it was cheaper there . But , I decided to see what was cheaper at Walmart . I seen one that said it compares to the CHI flat iron , Which is the Remington Professional flat iron . I took the chance and bought one . I gotta say , It really flattens my hair PIN STRAIGHT . It also has a 4 year warrenty . I heard the CHI flat iron , only has a 1 year warrenty . Plus i only paid 42.00 for it. I'm very Happy that I choose the Remington Flat Iron .

808_mommybuilt

Answer by 808_mommybuilt at 11:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Chi
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Try Paul Mitchell or Infrashine. We used Chi in the Salon and they would die after 6 months. Total waste of $$$. They also cost less than chi. I have an infrashine now and have had it for three years. I use it on all types of hairtypes, every day. Everyone always wants one after they leave my chair.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Girlfriend of mine,and my Sister both have a CHI, they love it and have had theirs for 4 yrs or so... I used them and they work great, and I have naturally curly hair too.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Chi. I have really curly hair and love my flat iron. Had it for 4 years now and still going strong.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I got mine from Sally Beauty Supply and it works just as well as my friends CHI at half the cost.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I got mine from Cosmoprof, it's a professional model though, and you need to be licensed to buy one from there... (it's by Joico)

but Sally's has some great affordable ones..

just be sure to look for ones with an adjustable thermostat. Ceramic plates are WAY better than medal or ceramic plated like cheap ones like conair and remington offer (those brands aren't worth it).

Some brands to consider would be Chi, and Bed Head.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• and believe it or not, walmart carries both brands for cheaper than I've seen them anywhere else. (aside from places like e-bay, etc).
    xxhazeldovexx

• Thanks ladies, I found two i ordered for a GREAT price on Amazon!!! Wish me luck!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Also, make sure you use some sort of protectant on your hair it will help keep your hair straight and protect it from the heat. Flat Iron spray or something....
    erinweiss

Answer by erinweiss at 10:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010