Tired of being the fat girl!

My entire life I have been the fat girl with the exception of 1st grade and under. Even in my teen years people said I was fat even though I weighed an average of 150 and I am 5ft 6in. I am now 248 and would give anything to get back to that size again even though at that size i still felt fat because of how everyone treated me. The smallest I have ever weighed was 138 and I remember feeling great because my thighs didn't touch but I still looked at myself and saw a fat girl, flabby arms & belly, that was when I was 17, I am now fixing to be 30. I have never once in my life felt like I was hot or sexy. When my husband does call me sexy I think ya right like why would anyone think that, he doesn't say it much anyway, how could I be sexy at 248lbs. I have lost 42 lbs this year do to diet and exercise, I was at my all time high of 289. I feel better about myself but still not good. (sorry so long read rest in following post)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have never had that much weight to lose but an old friend of mine lost over 100 lbs doing weight watchers. She said it was real easy to understand. She also walked every day. I don't know how many miles. I think with weight watchers you fix your own food, etc but you can have so many points that day and that's it. It seems like she told me that wasn't hard to stay within her points limit. I would think those meetings would be a good support. My husband and I finally joined the gym close to home and I go even if I don't want to simply because it's already paid for and I'm not wasting money. Our friend has been going as well and usually all he does is walk on the treadmill for an hour. He doesn't walk super fast or anything and he has lost at least 30 lbs that I know of. He started off weighing 342 lbs. As far as your skin....it takes up to a year for your skin to "adjust" and after that since you have cont'd
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Oh Honey.. I am so sorry you are feeling so down today..:( and WAY good job losing the 42 lbs this year.. you should pat yourself on the back for that!! that is so great!! I have a family friend who has been dealing with this issue her whole life, but she was close to 400.. she had to get her stomache stapled at 50 - she currently after a year is down a great amount and yes, she will have the extra skin issue but.. she feels better health wise - I think the fact you are ONLY 30, you can use lots of lotion while losing weight to help your skin from sagging as much, but its also a health issue for you not only a sexy issue, although I DO know that is important.. keep doing what you are doing Mommy !! Wish I had better advice but know you are sexy inside and out !!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• You will have loose skin after you loose weight but I guess your body type will determine how much. I'm not being mean at all because I still have weight to lose but if you can't resist a soda you should really evaluate your commitment to changing yourself. It's going to be a long process. Good luck!
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Hey, losing 42 pounds is a great accomplishment! If whatever you did to lose that amount of weight worked for you maybe you should continue with that thinking provided you aren't starving your body to get there. At least you are making progress which should be an incentive to continue working toward your goal.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• 42 pounds is great! Keep going. Don't lose your momentum. Instead of focusing on the end results, focus on your program. Pamper yourself a little! Get a mani/pedi to celebrate your first 42 pounds. That is quite a bit! Keep going and you WILL get there. You can't let yourself fizzle out.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 1:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My biggest weakness is soda. I hate diet soda and my husband has a fit if we don't keep regular in the house (he is Super skinny.) I am not that big on sweets and rarely have them. I want so much to feel good and be able to where that sexy little dress or lingerie. To go on a walk and not be out of breath after 2 minutes. Has anyone here ever lost that much weight? How long did it take? Do you have lots of extra skin or are you happy with the way you look? Once again sorry about the long post just feeling down today.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• maxmom11807:

I know its a health issue, that is another one of my concerns. I have diabetes on both sides of my family (mom & dad & lots of others) and know if I don't do something I'll be next. Is there any specific lotion you would recommend for my skin? I'm willing to try anything. I just don't want to lose the weight and then look like my body had melted.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Rentamom:

I can resist and I do force myself to drink water or diet soda in its place. I am just saying that it is so hard when I would rather have a soda over anything else and I have to keep it in the house. Do you know if there is any sodas made with splenda. I love splenda and use it all the time. I have looked for sodas with it and think that might help because the reason I don't like diet soda is because of the aftertaste which I don't think I would have if it was made with splenda.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• good job mama on the weight loss so far this year! first of all, if you are not at a plateau, then keep on doing what is working! if you are eating well, and not losing your weight too fast, then loose skin may not be a big issue. take fish oil at least once a day. i would prefer a big spoon of fish oil, and a big spoon of udo's oil.
    eat your good fats, fish, avocado and olive oil. don't have any products with partially hydrogenated or hydrogenated anything.
    i think eating lots of veggies and cutting way back on processed foods is a wonderful way to go.
    have you tried weight watchers? it is so wonderful for support and diet and exercise advice.
    keep up the good work mama!
    look in the mirror, give yourself a smile and go for a walk in the sunshine!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think right now, Any lotion would be fine - just use it often. One thing that helped me kick my 12 soda a day habit was using those crystal light packets in my water.. it kept me full too!! but do every other and I heard on the jackie warner work out show that if you add lemon - fresh or the lemon jiuce and add it to every water you can lose a lb a day from the citrus acid it has in it.. apple cider vinegar as salad dressing or on cucmbers is my favorite and it aids in weightloss also -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010