Anyone have a great idea to help a 2 yr old complete potty training?

Moni_Gurl

Asked by Moni_Gurl at 10:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go to Dr. Phil's website. He has his technique posted. Just one idea..........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yeah, wait till they are ready to be potty trained.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• http://drphil.com/articles/article/264/
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Why would Dr.Phil have a website on potty-training?
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• put the potty in front of the tv and let them sit down and watch tv when they go on the potty make a big deal outta it.let them run naked in the house most kids use pull ups as diapers .when they get the hang of going when they are naked start to put big girl panties or big boy under wear on them and show them how to pull them down and pull them back up .make sure you praise them when they do go on the potty my 2 yr loves giving high fives when she goes potty lol
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't agree with just waiting around, probably because one of my friends currently can't send her unpotty trained boy to kindergarten, and she's realizing maybe she should have done something before now. Yeah, you think? You can encourage potty training without forcing. Kids can physiologically be done with potty training by 3. Occasionally, one might need a bit longer, but the trend now is to do nothing and let the kids just make all the rules. No. When they can feel that they are going potty, they are more than capable of putting it in the potty.

Just put her in underwear. Don't stress about accidents, because they happen. It's your job as a parent to encourage and support. if you get frustrated, it'll set her back. You have to just matter of factly handle accidents and move on.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• This is how I see it. People who say "wait until they are ready" have kids who potty train around ages 3-4. People who say "it's going to be some work, but here is what you can do" have kids who potty train by 2-3. The fact is, the younger kids were capable - the parents just had to make the effort.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i had my dd potty train by 2. she was ready. my ds is 19 mts and is showing sings. so we r going to start potty training soon. i agree with white rose. my dh friend has a daughter who is older then my dd and still not potty train. the lil girl turn 4 in dec and my dd4 in march. yet my dd has been potty train for almost 2 yrs now.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010