would/do you feel safe living in a modular home?

dragonlady320

Asked by dragonlady320 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes a modular is just a prefab home on a foundation. A trailer is elevated. I also want you to know that we lived in OK for a few years and lived in a trailer. It is tornado country out there anda house doesn't change your safety. You would be safer in a modular than in an apartment.
    countryhotmama

Answer by countryhotmama at 10:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• A tornado will do the same amount of damage to a built home as they will do to a modular.

I grew up in Tornado Alley in a double wide trailer. It took both sheds, 1 garage, and the barn.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• And I understand where you are coming from. I have lived in Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Iowa and Colorado. I have lived through tornados in Georgia, Hurricanes and tornados in florida, hurricanes in South Carolina, flooding in Iowa and being snowed in while in Colorado! Lol, so yeah.... when those storm clouds roll in and I am living in a modular home.... I don't feel as safe as I would in a brick house or something.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think you were asking about Delaware, Ohio in another post - if so, they rarely have tornados anyway :) Seriously though, I don't think they are anymore unsafe than a traditionally built home, as long as you have a reputable builder.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree with Jademom... tornadoes can flatten any home. To be safe, buy a storm shelter...it is underground...nothing to blow away.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes, why not?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes, some modular homes are very nice.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• prob not if I lived in OK still... or somewhere else where there are tornadoes... otherwise, yeah, I guess so
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• LOL...yes, considering I live in a mobile home in Tornado Alley as we speak.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• yep! i grew up in one...
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2010