So if the guy in Florida is a Christian pastor

And he's lying
And lying is a sin in the eyes of Christianity
Why is he allowed to be a pastor?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Because no one is sinless.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Because we are supposedly all sinners and equal. Except gays, Jewish people and atheists.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• not that I think that guy is an upstanding example of how a christian should behave or anything.... but, if never sinning were a qualification for being a pastor then there wouldn't be any pastors out there
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Almost anyone can be a pastor, lol. I also agree with elizabiza, though...even pastors sin.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Because the people in his church beleive that he is right and not lying. It is a interesting thing to really think about. Why are we all giving attention and press to this tiny church of 50 people. If we all would have ignored him they would probably still burn the koran but what real impact would that have had. Only those 50 people would have really known. Now this is a mjor story and its stupid.
    countryhotmama

Answer by countryhotmama at 11:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Because no one is sinless.

Yeah, but isn't the condition of that rule supposed to be that you are making an effort?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Well, even pastors sin, so - I guess that's why he's "allowed". However, I have no idea why one would willingly attend his church, knowing that he's a liar, among other things.

An ex-pastor of my own church embezzled money from the church funds, and when he was let go, he took about half of our congregation with him. I've never figured that one out, either.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Alot of people think that if he does this stupid stunt,it will cause riots,all over!!!!! Someone needs to stop him!!!! Where r Florida police???
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• like PPs have said all sin and he's no exception.

countryhot, i think the reason the media blew this up is that America as a whole doesnt want to be identified by this action. and neither do Christians. if we as a community of Christians and a country of Americans dont stand up and say "what you're doing is wrong. we dont agree" whats to keep the extremists from thinking we are all okay w/ this church's actions?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• well i think pastors should be people that as harsh on others like that. I honestly think he should step down from his place, but i have belonged to a small church of that number and people tend to believe anything the pastor says because "pastors are always right in god's eyes" as though i was told. I don't think he should be pastor any more because yes everyone believes their religion is the only religion, but burning things of another religion isn't going to get someone to "convert" to yours it's just plain stupid!!!
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 10, 2010