Is it possible to get lactose intolerence at 22?

For the past couple weeks I have been gettting sick every morning if I drink milk....

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Health

• No it is not. You are born unable to digest the lactose but many times the symptoms do not become obvious until later in life. It depends on the severety of the intolerance. For me it was from birth and pretty severe.

Here, you can read more here: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/lactose-intolerance-topic-overview
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• yes!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes! I started having problems in my mid-twenties, i have to be really careful about the type and how much dairy I have.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:11 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• yes,allergies can develop at any age.

zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes. It can come on at any time. I got it at 24 while pregnancy with my 2nd child. Since then I can't drink milk without getting sick. I still eat dairy and stuff but have to watch how much cheese I have and only put a little milk in my cereal (which half the time still makes me sick so I rarely eat it).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2010