Puppy !!!

We bought a puppy of dachshund, it wants to sleep in our bed or with son, is it safely to allow this?

Lolga

Asked by Lolga at 11:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• how old is your son? I'f hes over 2 i wouldn't worry.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Our dachshund sleeps where ever she wants....she's the queen of this castle. :) All dachshunds I've ever had or know want to sleep with "their people". At least make sure it's got a really good warm blanket. Most of them love to snuggle in it and stay toasty warm. They are the most stubborn dogs and goodness knows I've not met anyone with a failproof potty trained one. If this is your first....hehehe....your in for a treat. =) I've had dachshunds for 15 years. I absolutely love them. DO make sure you don't let it get overweight. I promise you'll have trouble with its back. My "old" girl (11yo) has never been overweight a day in her life and has trouble but she also has jumped on and off the couch her whole life too. We really should have broken that behavior. Congratulations! You've got a great dog!
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 11:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Our son is 5 :)
    Lolga

Comment by Lolga (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• thank you for your comments !! :)
    Lolga

Comment by Lolga (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• at 5, yes! Why wouldnt t be?
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• personally i think dogs should sleep on the floor, but hey, its your house, your kid, and your dog : )
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• as long as you have watch the puppies behavior he should be ok...my 3 year old sleeps with our dog, and shes almost 2 years old. i presonaly dont see anything wrong with it, others may though
    bren_011

Answer by bren_011 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2010