Question for those who've had an ectopic....

I had one a few years back, that was extrememly painful and I bled alot. I had to have emergency surgery. Since then I've had a baby and am now pregnant again. I have an ultrasound on Monday to make sure it is in the right spot, but I'm so nervous. I don't really have any pain, or bleeding, but occasionally feel cramping on just one side. When you had yours, did you have pain or bleeding? I just really want to get this ultra sound before I get too excited about my pregnancy. Also, I only have one tube that works, so I'm nervous if this is ectopic, it could ruin my chances of getting pregnant in the future.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I had the ectopic, I had severe pain, but no bleeding. With my last pregnancy, I had a cramp on my right side for the first 6-8 weeks, I think it was just my body getting used to being pregnant again after a 10 year break :) Try to relax. If the pain starts getting bad, or you start bleeding call your doctor. Lots of luck to you!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i have not had one, but i have had normal pregnancies and mcs, and i always had cramping on one side with my healthy pregnancies and no cramping until the end of my others which was severe, so i think the cramping is just fine as long as it isnt severe
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i had two tubals one had pain one didnt. I am now pregnant with my first due November 23. I hope you find out soon!
    sweetJuJu

Answer by sweetJuJu at 7:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010