Babies Encyclopedia: What should a baby wear inside of a sleep sack?

CafeMom Team will be posting Baby Encyclopedia questions in the Babies Category from Tuesday till Friday of this week. For every question you answer, you'll be entered to win one of the $25 Gap Gift Cards that we're giving away each day!

But there's a catch... only "real" answers will be entered to win the $25 Gap Gift Card. If you do not have tested advice or an informed opinion on the topic, please wait to answer the next question. There will be plenty of opportunities to enter the contest.

We are using these questions to create a mom-tested resource for new and expecting parents, so try to use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling when writing your answers.

Read Official Rules.

CafeMom Team

Asked by CafeMom Team at 11:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• onesy and socks
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• just a diaper and a onesie should be fine... or just the diaper
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Onesie and diaper.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think it depends on the temperature...I would say a onesie and a diaper would be fine or even just a diaper depending on the fabric of the sleep sac.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• You can either put them in a onesie with or without socks, a t-shirt with or without socks or even some of them are made to be the outfit itself and in those I say just let them wear that as the outfit alone. :)

Diapers are always inclusive.... duh.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Depending on the temperature and thickness of the fabric just a onsie and a diaper or just the diaper itself. Most times I just put my baby in only a diaper inside the sleep sack.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Depends on the time of year.
    Summer just a onsie and diaper
    in the winter we sometimes do a long sleeve light weight sleeper. Sometimes just a long sleeved onsie.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 11:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We used Gerber white t-shirts for infants, diapers, and socks. The shirts can be found in almost every store that has a baby section. This a thinner than most onesies so they don't get baby over heated since some sleep sacks can be thick. If it is the fleece long sleeved sleep sack, we had him in nothing but diapers.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• A lightweight sleeper.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 12:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Depending on the weather if it's hot a I would say maybe just a diaper, but if it's cooler weather then at least a onesie and socks. My daughter was born in winter and I live in Chicago so our winters get pretty cold so I would put a onesie and socks. You can't over cook the baby yet since they don't know how to take clothes off.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010