is 15 months to early to start potty training?

This is my first son.... how do I even go about this.... please help lol

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think its ok to start taking him to the potty :) My son was a little over 2 before he was fully potty trained..and im still working with my daughter. but yea show him the potty, it cant hurt anything :)
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I started potty training my daughter at 18 months. you cant force or put too much pressure on it. too much pressure can actually back track your child or slow his proccess down. i wouldnt even think about starting until he shows signs of being interested in the toliet. you can get him a potty seat and let him play with it so he can get use to what a toilet is. do not start him until he tells you he is ready.
    bradymoma86

Answer by bradymoma86 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think its a great time to introduce him to the potty. buy him a potty seat and let him go to the bathroom with you when you go so he knows what it is for. it may take a while for him to show interest or he may show interest right away. Let him go at his own pace though, dont force it if he doesnt show interest and just try re-introducing it every few months. good luck!
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• he has a potty and everytime someone goes he runs in the bathroom
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think its fine to introduce the potty now, but dont expect anything. They cant hold it until they are 18 months. I will start trying around 18 months or so. I have heard that trying too early can backfire and make it harder?
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• god yes!! it's not good for their psyche..they say that early can make them uptight adults..
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010