picky eater (sometimes)

My 2.5 yr old daughter will not eat meat. she will eat lunch meat just fine and ham but no other meat. how can I get her to start eating more meat. we are a meat family...well my husband hunts so every year we have deer and elk meat and its a little hard on us because i end up making two different dinners one for me and my husband and one for our daughter because she wont eat. I have tried telling her that thats all she will get to it for the rest of the night but I feel bad and hate having her hungry....(so i end up giving in and making something else for her)

bradymoma86

Asked by bradymoma86 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Because you give in you have got yourself in a pickle. You need to give her what everyone else is eating and then nothing else. My LO doesn't get anything else if she doesn't finish her dinner. They will go to bed hungry a few times and figure it out. I have actually learned to not give everything all at once. I give the meat first b/c mine is also picky in that area, followed by veggies and then whatever startch we are having. If I do that it forces her to eat what is on her plate and I ensure that she has eaten. I wish you luck, but I started to eat what is given to you 13 mos ago and my 2 yo knows the rule.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2010