picky eater (sometimes)

My 2.5 yr old daughter will not eat meat. she will eat lunch meat just fine and ham but no other meat. how can I get her to start eating more meat. we are a meat family...well my husband hunts so every year we have deer and elk meat and its a little hard on us because i end up making two different dinners one for me and my husband and one for our daughter because she wont eat. I have tried telling her that thats all she will get to it for the rest of the night but I feel bad and hate having her hungry....(so i end up giving in and making something else for her)

bradymoma86

Asked by bradymoma86 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My husband is the same way... he hunts, fishes and we used to live on a farm were we butchered twice a year. My oldest daughter has never been a good eater when it came to eating meat... I fixed her the same meal just made sure there were lots of veggie choices or a peanut butter sandwich... after a while she kind of just started getting tired of peanut butter all the time and was willing to try it. I think you just have to know your child and know there limits.
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 11:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Your daughter can't help her taste buds at the moment. I always made separate meals because of what you are mentioning but at least I knew my children were feed the proper food for their age until they grew older.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010