how bad is it that i cant see a doctor till oct?

I walked out on my job at the end of june...I haven't ever done anything like it before and now that I know I am pregnant I think that may have had some effect anyway my hubby lost his job two days later so we decided to move...crazy I know! We found out in july we were expecting...at that moment neither of us had jobs so we tried for state assistance but because of the way I left my job we couldn't get it until the end of september...and my husbands new job doesnt qualify him for insurance till oct 1st....How badly is my doc going to yell at me when they realize my first appointment is at like 20 weeks? I have been taking over the counter prenatals, drinking lots of water and watching my diet but I still am afraid I am going to get yelled at when I go to the docs...any advice?

pregoagain2010

Asked by pregoagain2010 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't go to a doc until I was almost 3 months, I didn't find out I was preggo till 2 months! I had to wait untill my insurance was good before I could go to a doc. The doc wasn't mad, he was just glad that I went at all...lol. If your doc yells at you or makes you feel bad in any way for not going untill then, then you should def. get a new doc. Some people don't go to the doc at all!
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 1:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• if your doctor yells at you, you should switch doctors, asap. your doctor should be respectful, even if s/he thinks you should have come in sooner. jmho! you can consider seeing a midwife rather than an OB if that would make you feel more comfortable =)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't worry too much hun. As long as you are taking your prenatals and staying hydrated, and haven't had any complications, you should be fine.

And I agree with the PP, any doctor who yells at you should not continue to be your doctor
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• have you tried planned parenthood or somewhere like that? usually they charge on a sliding scale according to income...
    springsmom0322

Answer by springsmom0322 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Planned Parenthood does not provide prenatal care. Look in your local yellow pages for something like a "pregnancy center" until you can get in to see your doctor.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:52 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• They shouldnt say a thing. And if they do, its not like it was your choice. You werent insured..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• ya they def shouldnt yell at u, thats jus rude.....jus tell em u didnt have insurance till then!...tho cant u get on medicaid because u r prego?
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 1:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• my friend wasnt allowed in until 24 weeks! bc she was in your same situation, i even offered to pay cash at the drs office and they said now that it cost a lot and for her to wait for the insurance to kick in and i had a check willing and they wouldnt take her. her bab is perfectly healthy but it was beyond insane that noone in our area and 40 miles out would take her we even tried clinics which wouldnt fit her in until her 3rd trimester had she went to them. best of luck to you take prenatals
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I used to work with a girl who was so afraid of telling her family that she didn't go to the doctor til she was about 7.5 months pregnant and she just couldn't hide it anymore. She didn't get yelled at, but she was lucky, everything was fine, she'd been taking care of herself, she had nothing bad in her health history, etc. She really got lucky though IMO.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010