anyone has had their mirena taken out?

i have the mirna and im wonderign how do they take it out does it hurt or something?

dont lie i can take it even if its not good news ok mommies

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Health

• Good question. I hate mine. I'm to chicken to have it taken out. ha
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had the mirena for about 10 months, and i started having alot of trouble with it. I went to my doctor and he said everyting was fine..but i knew something was wrong..i was hurting real bad and my period was horrible so i made another appointment with a different doctor to find out it wasnt even in place so he took it out after making me take a pregnancy test first. It didnt hurt when i got mine took out, but it hurt like hell when they put it in(prob cause it wasnt in place) anyway goodluck mommy
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• it hurts a lot less to get it out than it does having it put in... if you are worried take a couple ibuprofen before you go...
    springsmom0322

Answer by springsmom0322 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had Mirena for a couple of years before getting it taken out....the only thing I had complaints with is that I actually felt it. I wouldn't really say it hurt, but I did have some slight cramping afterwards for a few days.
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 11:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had mine for 5 years - no trouble with it - no pain having it put in or removed...started my period 28 days later and have been so regular since then I could set my watch by it! Since having it removed I've lost the 10 lbs that seemed to hold on since birth! and for some reason my memory has imporved over the last 4 months! I had no cramping and no bleeding at the time of the removal.
    thughes731

Answer by thughes731 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have not taken mine out and have no plans too until the 5 year. When I had it put in..hurt like hell for a couple of days. Other than that...no problems.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010