Do you or have you ever donated blood? Why or why not?

I have not yet but I would love to. It seems that every time I try to go donate something prevents me. :( But, I WILL donate soon! lol

Thank you to everyone who ever has because YOU saved my momma's life when I was younger! :)

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 11:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I haven't been able to yet, either. At my community college, they have semi-annual blood drives. The first time they had one, I wasn't 18 yet and I had just gotten a piercing. The second time, I was pregnant. After that, I was either pregnant, breastfeeding, or had just gotten a new tattoo or piercing right before hearing about the blood drive. Hopefully I'll get to donate soon, though, since it's been just about long enough since my last piercing to donate.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I do every chance I get. It takes an hour, you get free cookies :), and you can save a life.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes, I do every time I can! I have an O+ blood type, so I even get reminders in the mail when there is a blood drive near me, lol.
    And the reason I do, is because I know as long as they are a + blood type, they can take my blood. My Mom had to have several blood transfusions when she had my little brother due to complications. If no one had donated then, I would have lost her. I can't imagine life without her, so I will do my part to make sure no one else loses someone they love due to a simple lack of blood.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have, because it's something I think should be done. The last time I tried to donate, I was denied because my iron was low. I'm due again here shortly.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am anemic and always only one point away from being disqualified, so the only time I have donated was I was having a major surgery, just to be safe.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 11:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I do, I seem to be pretty good at it....compared to my mom and sil.....they both donated for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago...and nether one of them could stand up or walk for 30 min.....kept blacking out....lol.

I have never had an issue with that....I just give and get up and drive home...hahaha!

But I cant right now I am pregnant! I took my son with me last time so he could know how important it is to give when he is older.

I do it b/c its easy, I feel like its needed, and someday one of me or my family might need it and I have paid my dues for it :) Hopefully NOT though!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Oh I have O + blood too...so they love me :)
    mom2twobabes

• I have twice the first time I was successful the second time my nerves must have been affecting the draw of blood because it was taking forever,they were not able to fill the bag and the needle started getting painful. I have not done it since. I hate needles more than anything. My biggest fear of childbirth was having to get an IV. Lol
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes I do. I love to - free biscuits, free drinks and I sort of like watching the blood. :P
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My Grandmother would go every 6 weeks, why? Because it was her civic duty :D I just thought that was so cool.

I have donated several times. I am O+ too and when our blood bank gets low they call me.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2010