What are some nice Christmas gifts,that don't cost alot of money?

RinoaKateCarter

Asked by RinoaKateCarter at 4:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Money & Work

• Make something. Every year I make something for my family (including extended). Something like, one year I made Christmas Tree ornaments. Last Year I made plaster things of my son's handprint. It's very cheap to do it this way. Not to mention it's something from the heart.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I usually get my kids pictures made and give those to family for Christmas. It is a thought.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My sister made some nice gifts when she was away at school. A colage of my son and scripture about being a parent. Last year she made a video montage of my kids and had a song she wrote playing in the back ground about them.
    If it's for grandparents you can buy some white shirts and fabric paint. Have the kids put put their hand/foot prints on the shirts with their name age or some cute saying like hands on grandparent.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• A cheap bottle of wine or champaign is always an option. Last year i made mini pumpkin breads for my bfs family. 2 boxes made about 8! :) I wrapped them in tin foil, tied them up with ribbon and attached a pic of my daughter to them. It turned out really nice
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Make cookies!! Well not actually add all the ingredients (besides the wet ones like eggs,water, etc.) put the mixture in cute little christmas bags and tie up the bag in ribbon (or anything else you think is cute), then write down how to bake them and what else they need to make home made christmas cookies. I do this all the time for family and friends and they love it.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• homemade baked goods. make them from scratch, people can taste a mix from a mile away. brownies from scratch are SUPER easy and who doesn't love brownies? then you can make mini muffins in a variety of flavors, some fudge, cookies, stuff like that. you can go to hobby lobby or Micheals etc and buy the holiday tins when they have them on 1/2 price (which is alllll the time lol) and boom, about 5-8$ per tin full of love.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 4:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Ornaments aren't that expensive, and there are so many different designs that you can customize them for each individual. Making homemade goodies is always good too! Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like fudge.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• gift bags! You can make small things, wrap them in cello bags (which can be bought for very little at http://www.celloinabox.com/shop/shopaff.asp?affid=1114 and the rep kit, right now only cost $3.99 and NO shipping. You can take and bake things to add to these...like a treat basket.

There are also affiliate companies like this that you can join with that you can buy small items or samples of theirs to make other types of gift baskets. If you'd like more info and links, message me and I'll get these to you.

Lia
    lia7704

Answer by lia7704 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2008