in YOUR OPINION , what do you think a "redneck" is ?

just curious - please give details

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Another way to stereotype people...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:37 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Well, I think a redneck is usually reffered to a man that often works outdoors and his neck gets sunburned..therefore he is called a "redneck" :)

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• ...But then again...if you ask Jeff Foxworthy...he might tell you that a redneck is someone that doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground. LOL. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• idk,
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Lives in the sticks- or a trailer park or both. Has rotten teeth or none at all. Wears plaid shirts, ripped jeans, boots and baseball cap or hunting gear all year long. Has shells of old cars littering the front lawn which is overgrown with weeds or has no grass at all. Has a thick yee-haw accent that is made worse by the giant gob of chew on the inside of the mouth. Has guns and fishing gear sitting beside a bible they quote when talking about America or them damn 'liberals'. That pretty much covers it...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• A redneck can be someone who is inventive and doesnt need to always have brand name top selling materials. they make their own brand name top selling materials by taking different items and putting them together to make them work just as well as the stuff you pay an arm and a leg for. Thats just part of being a redneck, because being a redneck can mean different things. it doesnt necesarily mean you have jacked up truck and you go mudding all the time ( thats me though i love that stuff lol)
    bradymoma86

Answer by bradymoma86 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I always end up calling my family rednecks because at family events we end up getting the lawn mowers out and having races. At the last family event, everyone got croquet clubs out and started hitting basketballs around while driving. Just country folk having a good ole time.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 11:44 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I call my husband a redneck. He works outside (construction), he is into football, hunting, and fishing. He loves his family and would/does help anyone who calls for a hand. He expects his children to behave and that hard work gets you ahead. He does NOT suffer fools and has little patience with whining and people that arent willing to WORK for their families. He can skin a deer and gut a fish and grow and vegetable garden. He can handle horse, milk a cow and collect eggs from chickens. He is a good ole boy but has the utmost respect for women and my mama could lead him around by the nose!! I think it's a term that means what you mean for it too when you say it. If you MEAN for it to be ugly then it is. I dont.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Hmm. That's a hard one, and one that varies. My BIL calls my DH a redneck because he has a country accent. I call people who straight pipe their trucks rednecks. I don't think of it so much as an insult, but that's probably because of the area I live and the frequency of which I hear the term.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Oh oh, I know this one! Dead car on the front lawn for two years, mountain dew in their baby's bottle, duct tape on their car, nascar decor, job application has "professional demolition derby driver" next to " Scraping dead vermin off the road". Never read the bible, but is positive they know the gospel of the lord. Ok, I am done describing myself for now.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:48 AM on Sep. 10, 2010