Does your son and daughter behave differntly?

there is 2 years between my daughter and son..... when my daughter was a baby she was a "good baby" ... I think the first time I ever had to say "no" was after she was 2 years old.....

My son is going to be 2 next month and especially the last 5 months or so have been horrible... from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to bed he is like a tornado... throws fits, hits, bites, pulls hair, scratches, yells, breaks things ( everyday), and it goes on and on, I have tried everything and nothing seems to work.. everyone that I know who has sons said their sons acted this way .... but really, is this really how a boy acts ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Well of course they do. They are not the same person with the same experiences,
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I've found the complete opposite with my children - the girls were the ones who threw hissy fits constantly and the boys are calmer and easier to discipline and get along with.

To be honest though I don't think there is any general rule, all children are different and have their own separate personalities.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• same w/my little man he will be 2 in Dec, he even tries to bite me when waking up, all im doing is changing his diaper, i have even caught him fighting w/his reflection in the dishwasher.i also have a 4yr old son n he was never this mean.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• all my children behave differently from each other there are 3 yrs between the older two then 4 yr and 6 yrs between the older two and the youngest one and she copies alot of what she sees them do and she is only 20 months and she has been doing this for a while
    sweet_mamaof3

Answer by sweet_mamaof3 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes the act different..lol..My son(4yrs) is pretty well behaved, everyone that he stays with always says he is a very good boy..on the other hand my girl(2yrs) she can throw some fits. If she dont get her way, it is not good lol She will kick and scream..so i guess every child is different
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Sounds almost just like my daughter and son, my daughter is 3, and of course she isnt perfect, and she has had difficult stages, and is a bit of a drama queen, but nothing like her 1 1/2 old brother. He is destructive and rough. I think its bad that I always have to punish the 1 1/2 year old for picking on his 3 year old sister. And he ends up being the one to get them both into things they shouldnt be, and getting them both in trouble.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 2:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes, they are different but it's my daughter who is the stubborn one. She is a drama queen - which is good and bad, everything is either SO great or SO bad. She's a lot of fun, but when she gets mad . . . watch out! My son on the other hand, I only have to give him a sideways glance and he straightens up whatever he's doing.

Answer by missanc at 3:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• well , for now i only got one child , : ) he's 12 months old and is such a wonderful and delightful baby :) ..... but i have been a nanny for almost 8 years now , and from what i have experience , let me tell you that it all depends on the personality of the child and it has absolutely nothing to do with their gender !

besides , every child is different (i always say that because comparisons among siblings is always on demand ! ) with their own personality , likes , dislikes , and attitudes ! and that applies to twins as well , ! i am a twin and everyone alwyas judges us and treated us as if we were only one person , which pissed me off , so i would tell them "if we were the same person , then there would one be one of us , one body , one mind , one of everything ! lol
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 1:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Boys are VASTLY different from girls, you will again notice this when they are teenagers. "Sigh" My son does behave like this but when he hits, he is hit back with his own hand, so he doesnt do this often, same thing with the bitting, I bite back.
    Sounds like your son needs more hard playtime to help him wind down, wrestling running that kind of stuff. But really he is just different. Good luck!
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 2:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2010